The Best Of Chi-Sound Records 1976-1983
Format: 2 x LP
Label: Demon Records
Release type: RSD Exclusive
Chi-Sound Records was launched in 1976, by US music industry executive and soul producer Carl Davis, and one of the label’s first singles, which has endured the test of time and had a 21st Century resurgence by being the theme tune to the UK Broadcaster/Presenter/DJ, Norman Jay MBE, to open his national BBC Radio show.
The Chicago label produced some of the great soul Artists of the late ‘70s and became a new home for the legendary ‘Duke of Earl’, Gene Chandler, whose disco-era classic, “Get Down”, tore-up the dancefloors around the world. Other notable signings for the Chicago label included The Chi-Lites, Manchild (featuring a young Kenneth ‘Babyface’ Edmonds), The Impressions, Sydney Joe Qualls, The Dells and Magnum Force.
This is the first Chi-Sounds Records collection in more than 20 years and is pressed as a 180g blue vinyl 2LP set.
1. Windy City - Windy City Theme
2. Ebony Rhythm Funk 3. Campaign - Watchin' You, Watchin' Me
4. Manchild - Red Hot Daddy
5. Gene Chandler - Get Down
6. The Impressions - Come To My Party
1. Sydney Joe Qualls - So Sexy
2. Gene Chandler - When You're # 1
3. The Dells - All About The Paper
4. Gene Chandler - Get Down [Ladies On Mars
1. The Chi-Lites - Hot On A Thing (Called Love)
2. Magnum Force - A Touch Of Funk
3. The Impressions - Fan The Fire
4. Walter Jackson - Touching In The Dark
1. Gene Chandler - Does She Have A Friend?
2. Manchild - Especially For You
3. The Dells - Passionate Breezes
4. Walter Jackson - It's Cool
5. Paris - I Choose You
We Also Recommend
A Place To Bury Strangers
Hologram - Destroyed & Reassembled (Remix Album)