Hillbillies In Hell: 13 (RSD EU/UK Exclusive Release)
Release Date: 08/30/2019
Label: Iron Mountain Analogue Research - IMAR127LP
Release type: Randomly Colored RSD EU/UK Exclusive Vinyl LP Pressing
- Limited to 666 copies
- 222 (randomly inserted) ‘Revelation Red’ LPs / 222 (randomly inserted) ‘Mark Of The Beast’ Splatter LPs / 122 (randomly inserted) ‘Final Night’ Black LPs / 100 ’Diablo’s Smoke’ Private Member’s Edition!
- Deluxe Gatefold LP with exclusive scholarly liner notes by Alvin Lucia!
- Full dynamic range 2022 remasters direct from the first generation analogue master tapes!
The dark, etheric carnival of broken Nashville delights – Deathly Oracular Visions, Cuckolds, Wastrels, Chain Gang Laments and Fiery Apocalyptic Fever-Dreams. Sometimes grim, often beautiful – this extraordinary collection of knowns and unknowns, battered Opry legends and forgotten backwoods-poets and preachers features tales of Tenement Tragedies, Vengeful Vegetation, Proselytizing Playground Philosophies, Windswept Abandonment and Deathbed Confessions. Originally waxed in often penurious amounts, these Troubled Troubadours sing of Fatal Infidelities, Aching Hypocrisies, Deep Dark Depressions, Penal Punishments, Flaming Prophecies and Rapturous Revelations.
Years in the making – ‘Hillbillies In Hell’ (13) presents 16 timeless tribulations – a Lovecraftian clutch of Ancient Terrors, Sinful Seductions, Grinding Poverty, Debilitating Disfigurement, Hell’s Eternal Maze of Hardships and God’s Blazing Light of Redemption.
A misty shroud of marginal 45s – some of these sides are impossibly rare and are reissued here for the very first time. All for your cautionary listening pleasure.
•SEE Little Richard Miller witness THE FIRE CAME DOWN!
•HEAR Dee Mullins declare I AM THE GRASS!
•ATTEST to Eddie Noack’s brutal final fate in BARBARA JOY!
- The Carter Family - 2001 (Ballad To The Future)
- Henson Cargill - Skip A Rope
- Porter Wagoner - Julie
- Eddie Noack - Barbara Joy
- Waylon Jennings - The Road
- Sammi Smith - Birmingham Mistake
- Norma Jean - One's On The Way
- Wendy Bagwell And The Sunliters - This Train
- Dee Mullins - I Am The Grass
- Hank Thompson And The Brazos Valley Boys - I Cast A Lonesome Shadow
- Porter Wagoner - Lonely Comin' Down
- Henson Cargill - The Pain Will Go Away
- The Carter Family - Poison Red Berries
- Bobby Bare - When I've Learned
- Roger Miller - I Know Who It Is (And I'm Gonna Tell On Him)
- Little Richard Miller - The Fire Came Down